In the navigation panel you’ll find categories containing useful documents submitted by other network members. You must join the network and be logged in to access them.
Our main, publically available, guides are;
- Guide to the use of prepaid cards – 2nd edition This is the main guidance document, explaining what prepaid cards are and how they’re used in councils. There are lots of case studies and examples together with an introduction to some of the suppliers
- Prepaid Cards Implementation Guide A guide to the implementation of prepaid cards based entirely on the experiences of members. Full of useful tips and do’s and don’ts
- Guide to Analysing Spend Data This guide shows how councils are using spend data from their prepaid cards to produce useful management information and knowledge to develop their services
North East Purchasing Organisation (NEPO) and Surrey County Council both have nationally available framework contracts for Prepaid Cards which are open to all UK local authorities and health bodies. All of the current prepaid card providers for direct payments etc. are present on both frameworks.
Guide to accessing the NEPO contract Guide to using NEPO prepaid cards framework agreement
The network has taken over the front end management of the Surrey CC framework contract and can answer any questions you have, simply email Colin. Please also consider the following documents which contain full details of the contract and how to use it. The pricing schedule is available from Colin upon request.
- Process Map Pre Paid Account Framework
- Framework Guidance – March 2017
- Framework Ts and Cs Agreement (SCC) Final
- Framework Schedule 4 (Call Off Agreement) Final
- Access Agreement
Slides from Allpay’s presentation to the network meetings in November 2018
These are the slides from Fish Insurance and Allpay used at the network meetings in May 2018. Fish Insurance has also kindly sent their GDPR leaflets including a very useful one sent to their policyholders. The slides on Prepaid Cards implementation from NHS Highland can be found in the Miscellaneous section of the Members Only area.
- Fish Insurance Presentation
- Fish Insurance – GDPR Factsheet IL Policyholders
- Fish Insurance – GDPR ready infographic
- Allpay slides May 18
Slides from Allpay and PFS, used at the November 17 network meetings. The slides from Surrey, York, Edinburgh and Dumfries & Galloway can be found in the Miscellaneous section of the Members Only area.
Allpay has launched seven case studies highlighting their work
- Allpay Case Study – Ealing
- Allpay Case Study – Edinburgh
- Allpay Case Study – Southend
- Allpay Case Study – Surrey
- Allpay Case Study – The Hyde Group
- Allpay Case Study – Birmingham
- Allpay Case Study – Southwark
Slides from Allpay and PFS used at the July 17 network meetings. The slides used by Dumfries & Galloway, Winchester and Surrey councils can be found in the Miscellaneous section of the Members Only Area.
Slides from PFS, Allpay and NHS England used at the March network meetings;
- PFS Local Authority Presentation March 2017
- Allpay presentation Spring 17
- NHS England update pre-paid card network March 2017
- The East Sussex presentation on their high balance project can be found in the Miscellaneous category of the Members Only guidance.
Slides from Mark Bates Ltd presentation on insurance for PA’s from the Winter 2016 meetings – Insurance for PA’s
Slides from Kate Jones’ Spring 2016 presentation – The Plymouth Journey
Prepaid Financial Services presentation on card fraud and how service users are fully protected PFS Card Fraud Presentation
Slide set from PayPacket on auto-enrolment, used in network meetings
Slide sets from the Using Prepaid Cards – 4 Years On workshops
- Colin’s Opening Presentation
- East Sussex – Card Accounts
- York – Court of Protection and Appointeeship
- Gateshead Presentation
- North Tyneside Fraud case – November 2015
- Wolverhampton – Implementation Lessons